How To Choose Between Classic and Extra Tough Rings:
- It completely varies by each individual dog. Our cofounder’s golden retriever is 85lbs and will chew up most toys, but has never wanted to chew up the classic rings, and so she does not need the extra tough version. We’ve tested multiple large dog breeds with similar results.
- Know that the HurriK9 rings are not "chew toys". They are not made to be left out for your dog to idly sit and spend time gnawing and chewing on the rings.
- So it comes down to judging your dog’s bite strength and overall ability to chew up toys quickly. You can always try the Classic Rings, and if they don’t last as long as you would like, you can always buy the Extra Tough Rings separately at a later time. If maximizing distance is super important to you, than you may want to get the Value Pack with 6 Classic Rings.
Differences Between Classic And Extra Tough Rings:
- Both made with Lightweight Durable EVA Foam and float in water
- Classic Rings fly up to 100 Feet
- Extra Tough Rings fly up to 65 Feet
- Extra Tough Rings are professionally sewed with a durable spandex fabric made to be over 3x as tough
- NON-TOXIC material that is safe for dogs that has been tested per Children & Dog toys requirements at a 3rd party laboratory
My dog Lena LOVES this toy. This is the 3rd set of launcher rings I’ve purchased as she just wears them out… NON-STOP! If you’re looking for something to have fun with your active dog… this is it!! Highly recommend HurriK9!!
I sadly don’t have a dog of my own. My friend got a lab puppy 5 years ago, and I gave the hurriK9 as a gift. The pup went BONKERS over it. She also loved to chew on the rings before bringing them back, so I just keep buying replacements when they become too tattered. Thank you for inventing such a great toy (and a superb way to exercise *and tire out!!* an active pup)